Handi-Shims are a new, best-in-class, precise, and revolutionary way of shimming,
spacing, plumbing, and leveling. Handi-shims were invented and patented by an
innovative team of professional contractors whose company motto is “Products that
make jobs less work”. Handi-shims will surely do that – as well as improve productivity,
enhance product quality, and reduce costs and waste.
COUNTLESS USES FOR HANDI-SHIMS
Handi-Shims have been tested by plumbers, electricians, masons, carpenters, cabinet makers, roofers, tilers, drywall hangers, HVAC contractors, steel fabricators, landscapers, and do-it-your-selfers. The success of their many applications has given the founders the confidence to call Handi-Shims simply “The World’s Best Shim”.
Just a few of the countless uses for Handi-Shims are:
- Installing windows and doors
- Shimming hinges and toilets
- Leveling and spacing of countertops
- Cabinet making
- Spacing tiles, bricks, and pavers
- Correcting lippage
- Spacing stone walls
- Keeping sheetrock/plywood off damp floors
- Spacing for plywood sheathing movement
- Spacing pipes from joists
- Chair and table leveling
HANDI-SHIMS’ ADVANTAGES OVER THE “COMPETITION”
Traditional wood shims have real limitations as they:
And wedge-shaped shims:
- Compress under pressure
- Fail anti-flammability construction codes
- Can rot over time
- Splinter when nailed to frames
Handi-Shims solve all these problems with:
- Do not provide a flat base for dependable support
- Need two to form a flat base
- Cannot be used as spacers or scribes
- Are not cost effective
- A flat surface for solid support using only one shim
- Compression resistance
- Four thicknesses made to exacting tolerances
- Color-coding for easy size identification
- Rot resistance
- Screw holes to prevent splintering
- Production as attached pairs for deep applications
- Scoring for easy splitting into smaller shims
- Utility as spacers and scribes
- Approximately 20% less average cost per unit
- Category leadership
- Lifetime warranty
THE FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW TO BUY HANDI-SHIMS
- Handi-shims are manufactured to exacting tolerances in four color-coded thicknesses:
- Handi-Shims do not rot. They are reusable and virtually indestructible. They can be used on job after job after job.
- Handi-Shims are manufactured in attached couples for deep applications but are each scored to snap into as many as three smaller spacers (six per couple), making them extremely economical.
- Handi-Shims are compression-resistant and thus ideal for long-term stability and for spacing wall tiles to any height.
- Handi-Shims measure 1¾” square individually and 1¾ x 3½” coupled.
- Handi-Shims are available in bulk or in retail-ready packs containing 40 or 100 shims
(all of one size or as an equal assortment of all four sizes).
- Handi-Shims are manufactured of non-toxic polypropylene (plastic) and selected colorants.
- Handi-Shims are patented and come with a limited lifetime warranty.
For More Information